According to the data collected in the first quarter of 2021, value of construction works done on the territory of the Republic of Serbia increased by 20.0% at current prices, while, at constant prices, the increase amounted to 20.7% relative to the first quarter of 2020. Observed by types of constructions, value of performed works on buildings increased by 17.5%, and on civil engineering by 22.7%, at constant prices.
The value of construction works done in the first quarter 2021 at constant prices, noted increase in all regions relative to the same quarter 2020, amounting to 37.0% in Region Šumadije i Zapadne Srbije, 35.2% in Region Južne i Istočne Srbije, followed by Beogradski Region, 23.4%, and in Region Vojvodine, 0.7%.
Of the total value of works done in the first quarter 2021, 96.3% were performed on the territory of the Republic of Serbia, while the rest of 3.7% was performed on building sites abroad.
Value of works done by the contractors from the Republic of Serbia in the first quarter 2021, regarding works performed on the territory of the Republic of Serbia and abroad, increased by 20.4% relative to the first quarter 2020, at current prices, while at constant prices, the increase amounted to 21.2%.